DAWN WITH A DIFFERENCE

As Cynthia Ozick said; two things remain irretrievable: time and a first impression. While putting this into consideration when meeting new people or pursuing new projects, I find this applicable when facing each dawn. Practicing healthy habits to attain better physical and mental health in order to thrive in each situation or event entails approaching each day with an incredible first impression. Therefore, having a personalized morning routine that fits my schedule and preferences sets the momentum for the day.

Pre-morning prep
Morning anxiety is something many people battle with and it takes a toll on one’s emotions and attitude they’ll carry through most part of the day. To avoid this, I developed a pre-morning preparation routine that ensures everything is in order, from my thoughts, attitude, schedules, deadlines, plans, and agendas before I take my beauty sleep. 
Having a to-do list or a notebook where I list all my pending and planned activities for the day guides me in knowing what I have accomplished and what I need to reorganize before I start the next day. Journaling will also come in handy where I take time to express my gratitude and let go of any pending emotions. This reduces the chances of having anxiety because I have control of my feelings and activities.

Nature bond
Nature being so pure and original reminds us of our true selves and rejuvenates our inner energies and power. Sleep comes with long hours of being confined in one space and the same positions that is why it’s very important to reconnect with components of nature after waking up be it fresh air, running water, or earth’s ground. 
This improves your mood by reducing any feelings of stress, anger leaving you feeling more relaxed, and boosting your confidence.

Get your body moving
A good workout or exercise goes a long way in how it impacts not only the physical but also the mental and emotional state. Workouts may seem overrated sometimes making it complex to get into the routine, however, I discovered a fun workout channel on YouTube called Grow with Jo where you can get workouts in different forms including dance which entertains you as you build your body. Getting a workout schedule gives you more focus and control over your life and emotions which leaves you feeling confident and positive.

Self-talk and affirmations
We are accustomed to hearing so many external voices and sounds to the point where we let them impact our inner voices or even shut them down completely. Have conversations with yourself giving compliments and encouragement to each part of you because no one can be your die-hard champion and fan aside from yourself. Therefore, make use of your mirror and inner voice to reflect positivity into your life and soul.

I am grateful for…
Be thankful for every good and bad, and show appreciation for each thing present in your life from your achievements to your relationships.
 Showing and returning kindness to people will boost your optimism and make you feel happy and in control.

An hour in the present
Part of the causes of worry, fear, and stress is living in the past which gives us nostalgic feelings and reminders, or the unknown future which may pressure us into thinking we ought to be doing better or be somewhere else other than where we are. 
Take an hour each day to feel all that is present at the moment from the feelings, belongings, people, or even thoughts, and appreciate each thing that is going well from your breathing to your blinking, vision, and even your blood flow.

Sleep and rest
Life may get very busy and we may find ourselves deeply immersed in our daily activities and deadlines that we cut our resting time or sleep to complete any pending responsibilities. High levels of stress and anxiety get triggered by lack of sleep and mental rest.
 I find it very important to prioritize at least 7-8 hours which positively impacts my well-being and gives me more energy and psyche for my daily activities.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I DON'T GIVE A F*** CHALLENGE!

The 'Intentional' part we ignore

WELCOME!